Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Write! - Right?



You never know where inspiration will strike. Students have left the building. A colleague has left my room. I feel like all thoughts have left my brain. What is one to do? 

Check Facebook, of course. Lin-Manuel Miranda posted this quote...



I was inspired. Inspired to remember why we write.

When it is Tuesday, write. When people frustrate you, write. When your students are demonstrating their learning, write. When you demonstrate parenting failure, write. When life brings you a sundae with whip cream, cherry, AND sprinkles - write. When life brings you lemons, write.

I need to carve out the time to write regularly. It is what March is great for. (Can I get an 'Amen!'?) I make the time to put the discipline into the rest of the year - perhaps not everyday, but more than screeching because it is Tuesday and I haven't written.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!
    So true, Kristi.
    When in doubt, write!
    The solution to many problems . . . but most of when when "it is Tuesday and I haven't written."

    I don't think I have ever seen a post modeled after a Tweet. I LOVE it! <3

    ReplyDelete