Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for the people who love my daughter. This includes family and friends, but goes beyond that to teachers, church family, and those that are willing to add her to what they are doing when we have other things we have to (or want to) be doing.

Today there was a 6 year old birthday party that started before my students have even left school. A mom of one of her classmates, who has become a friend of mine, offered to take her. Seems simple enough, right? Add the element of it being her son’s birthday and that if she takes my daughter she has to come to school to pick them up when her son usually takes the bus and it is huge. I am thankful for her.

Skiing in Lebanon is a big thing. Last year the slopes were only open for two days, and I was working both of them. No skiing for us. This year the slopes are open and we have been trying to figure out how to get up there. Yes, my daughter will learn to ski at one point, but not on a one time visit in Lebanon. So, we thought we would use my husband’s birthday as an excuse to splurge. So what to do with the little one? A friend is taking her for the day. Such a blessing!

I could tell story after story of blessings in my life. Today I am especially thankful for those that love my daughter and are willing to add her to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment