Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Procrastination


WRITE a slice of life story on your own blog.<br />SHARE a link to your post in the comments section.<br />GIVE comments to at least three other SOLSC bloggers.
It is amazing how clean my classroom cabinets are
And how the photos at home are getting organized
And trip details for both summer
And next Christmas are getting ironed out
And the jump I’ve gotten on my summer reading.

Any other teacher out there finding all kinds of things they need to be doing before they write their report cards?

Writing this post,
one more example.

Soon my life will be all in order and the deadline will be looming and I will do amazing work under the pressure I have created for myself.

I know I am not alone!

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a familiar scenario! We must be sisters...I, too, am such a procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone at all. I always say I'm going to do better, but then I just don't. Next year, It's a new, nonprocrastinating me! I mean it this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me giggle. I retired this year, and was positive that I would get report cards done early. True to form, I was entering comments and grades down to the wire on the last day. Some of us never change. All those other things you were doing. . . I call it "mopping the floor" - code for doing anything besides the task that needs our attention.

    ReplyDelete