Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New Tradition

The last two times we have been home my husband and I have taken a day to hang out in downtown Seattle. This time we played tourist and had a grand time. We thought of things we had never done and walked from one end of the city (and back).

(Pictures taken by yours truly, except where otherwise noted.)

Our adventures included:

IMG_1052
The Space Needle (We had both eaten in the restaurant, but not gone up to the observation deck just for the view.)

IMG_5055
Admiring the art at Chihuly Garden and Glass

IMG_1074
Wandering through the Olympic Sculpture Park (part of Seattle Art Museum)

IMG_1075
Eating in the Trolley at the The Old Spaghetti Factory

IMG_1094
Wandering the Pike Place Market (including the Gum Wall, which neither of us had ever seen).

IMG_1125
Exploring the Seattle Central Library

Photo by Drew Sellers
Mariner's game in King's Court (The Bo-Sox fans were crying as we won 11-4.)

Now that this is a tradition I need to start the list for our next outing.
Any suggestions?
What touristy things do you like to do in your own city?

sols_turq

1 comment:

  1. I really want to visit Seattle again; I was there for a quick stop only once. Thank you for the great ideas. I think we need to visit Chi town before the end of the summer. I will do the same thing with pictures as you did. Thanks Kristy ! xo

    ReplyDelete