Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Student Led Conferences

I love student led conferences.

I love having the students take the responsibility to share their learning, both strengths and challenges.

I love empowering them to have a voice with their parents.

I love how proud both the students and parents feel at the end of the conference. Regardless of the student’s ‘ability’ they were able to articulate who they are as a learner.

I love the goal setting aspect and working together, as teams, to help the student reach their goals.

And, I love that it is not me talking from 1 – 6 today and then from 1 – 4 tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I don't understand how we have gotten away from student led conferences in our area. It is time to bring it back. Thanks for the reminder. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How satisfying it must be...I'd love to be able to bring this to our school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have them too, Kristi-from the youngest up! It's great to see the students take charge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For years parent-teacher conferences have been the primary means of parent-teacher communication. But now, many schools are trying something new -- student-led conferences that communicate not only how a student's doing but also why. I'm interested in the services which are provided by Kirsti Good teachers always deserve honor. I will read the book "A Stone In My Hand by Cathryn Clinton".

    best essay websites

    ReplyDelete