Tuesday, January 24, 2012

U-Turn, Saudi Style

On our journey home from school we got to wait at every… single… traffic light we came across. For the final light we were in the front row. There are three lanes painted on the street and we were sitting six cars across. Our black truck is in position five, second from the sidewalk. As the traffic to our right takes their turn, the car to our right decides it is the perfect time to sneak around the corner - to our left. Yes, he, (and there is no doubt it was a 'he' as we are in Saudi) made a u-turn crossing in front of five cars when other lanes of traffic are making their way through the intersection. Unbelievable? Not really. This is a u-turn, Saudi style.

sols_green

6 comments:

  1. Such a small snatch of life...and yet powerful. U-Turns, Saudi Style. Thanks for letting me glimpse a little corner of your world.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That settles it, I won't be driving in Saudi (if I ever get there). Sounds dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess I am forewarned-always watch out when in Saudi! There might be an oops happening any time. What a great story & I'm glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid road rage would want to take over. I'm with Ruth--great little slice

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always interesting to learn about driving customs in other countries!

    ReplyDelete