Friday, November 18, 2011

The Scene of the Crime

CIMG1221
I had very little sleep last night so mid -morning I was in desperate need of a nap. G went downstairs to help Daddy with the dishes. I crawled in bed.

An unknown amount of time passed and G came in wanting to wake me up. She ended up climbing on the bed to 'snuggle' with Mommy. (What that really means is I will lay down and look like I am going to snuggle until Daddy goes away and then I will climb over Mommy going back and forth from one side of the bed to the other testing each bed side lamp each time.)

At one point she pulled the blanket up to my ear and patted my shoulder. The climbing stopped. I figured she had left and I went to sleep.

When I woke up I rolled over to look and the clock and was shocked to see G sitting with my makeup spread around her using my mascara as nail polish on her toes (as she had already finished her fingers).

She had gone into the bathroom, gotten a stool, brought it out and used it to climb up and take all the things she was interested in off of the dresser. This included red nail polish, which I am thankful she was unable to open. She had also gotten a couple of tissues. She had removed her bracelets and socks and those were sitting on my bedside table along with the crumpled tissues, a book, and Daddy's clock.

Vaseline got most of the mascara off of her fingers and toes. A baby wipe removed the other bits of makeup that were on her knees and neck. I am not sure the sheets will ever be the same.

I did manage to not crack a smile and I figured taking a picture of her before cleaning anything up would send the wrong message. Once she was downstairs having a snack with Daddy I did photograph the scene of the crime.

CIMG1219

No comments:

Post a Comment